Introduction: Clinical research associate or CRA is a specialist or professional who looks after all matters regarding a clinical trial conduct. These trials are done to test various drugs, medical products, biologics and for vitro diagnostics. These tests determine the risk factors and benefits of all the products, so that they are safe before being launched in the market. A CRA professional is usually involved in each and every stage of the clinical trial.
A job as a clinical research associate has the following advantages:
- An excellent job with full potential for career progression
- Wonderful opportunity to get exposure to all the latest innovative technology advancements.
- Enjoys other kinds of benefits such as rewards or free memberships for travel related programs
- A CRA professional can also aspire to seek career opportunities in home based management field or as a clinical manager.
To have a successful career as a CRA professional, it is advisable to be abreast of all the latest changes in this particular field in relation to the pharmaceutical companies.
The four most common CRA employment pacts are as follows:
- Getting employed in a pharmaceutical company
- Working as an employee in a Contract Research Organization or CRO
- Being self-employed and securing contracts independently
- Gaining employment through a reputable outsourcing agency
According to CRA news, pharmaceutical companies and research organizations are trying to gain dominance over outsourcing agencies. In order to get more exposure in CRA line of work, aspirants must focus not to get stagnated by working on repetitive or similar therapeutic themes.
Career opportunity in a clinical research field largely depends on the condition of the pharmaceutical market. To secure a quality job in the clinical research arena, one has to observe the changing job patterns and the present market scenario.